Saturday, July 19, 2008

Riley and her mate plus 8

Check the DVR on our new big TV...too big Riley says, but when upgrading to a new big flat-screen, might as well go big...you'll find several an episode of John and Kate plus 8. We recently got hooked on to the show thanks to the many mini-marathons that the TLC network has aired over the past couple months. The story is as simple as they make it look...a couple had twins, then tried for one more and had more...sixtuplets. I know that's not the right word, but I'm mathematically qualified that to say there is no confusion as to how many more kids they had. Riley and I might be a ways out from our first, nearer or farther depending on who you ask, but that show sure makes me think we could really have some fun sharing our house with 8 kids. That is of course, assuming that we get the tv series sponsorship and generous handouts to match. For now, Roo and I are sharing the beach house on Edisto Island with 8 other kids, some bigger than others. Our sun-splashed week has gone by fast and we will had back to Rock Hill tomorrow a little more tan than when left. No sun burn for me this time. It was Riley that spent a little more time on the beach whereas I spent a little more time in the sand...sand traps at the island 18. I fired a 97, best score of our trio and best honest and non-digital score I have posted in some time. I lost faith in the weatherman, who had bound us to the house for 2 days due to torrential tropical rains. Come to find out the low pressure system only postponed golf from Wednesday to Thursday; we watched Mother Nature give birth to tropical storm Cristobal, and we watched it pass right by. More of the usual through the week, ham rice, bocce ball, boogie boarding and board games. I took up kakuro. We missed karaoke. We fished the Atlantic, yesterday off the docks and today on a chartered boat. While I brought in the most fish, Riley had the biggest catch...a small shark. Jessica caught a boy, but threw him back. Just like last year, we have ran out of boiled peanuts and time on the beach all too quickly and soon we'll be headed back up 95 to 26 to 77. Our "kids" back in Rock Hill will be excited to see us. Most eager for our return though is probably Phil, who has been dog-sitting Kennedy, Max and Abby. The hardest part of his sitting was waking up at 7 each day to let them out. I don't expect Phil to be working towards kids anytime soon or offering to babysit for us when we have our 8. Jessica?!

1 comment:

Big Play said...

You know I'll babysit your 8. Glad you had a good weekend.
~Anna