Sunday, November 23, 2008

Its beginning to look a lot like Thanksgiving

If the Extreme team can makeover a house in an hour every Sunday, who was to stop us from mildly renovating our bathroom over the weekend? It started with our do-it-yourself painting of the guest bedroom that will house Roo's in-laws for Thanksgiving. My mom, step-dad and sister are driving up from Florida this week. Our prep list of to-dos is slowly shrinking...practice frying a turkey. Check. Paint the bedroom. Check. Stock up on groceries. Check. Clean the house...well lets not get ahead of ourselves. Roo and sis head to ATL tomorrow for their front row show of the Queen of Pop. Had we cleaned this weekend, my wife would not have returned to find the house in the same manner. So instead, we used the leftover bedroom paint to add some color to the master bathroom. Then we had to replace the mirror. Then we needed to change the color of the light fixture. Then we had to stain the cabinets. Let's add some of that grafiti art above the tub. Exit brass cabinet knobs. We probably need to replace some of the caulking around the shower. It took more than an hour, the project technically started on Tuesday and just wrapped up an hour ago. How do those folks at ABC do it?

3 comments:

Lexy said...

haha - i know the feeling! Every project Casey and I start ends up taking SO much longer than we think it should!

I would love to see before and after pictures of the bathroom!

Mandy Rose said...

Don't you love how home projects are never ending!! I totally know the feeling...and I have NO IDEA how Ty and his extreme makeover team bust out a complete house in such a short time??? It doesn't seem possible!

Anonymous said...

I'm still impressed! I'd love to see pictures!