Friday, January 23, 2009

Soup, Snow, Miami, Cheesecake, & Vegas

We made Chicken Tortilla Soup on Monday and it was delicious. Definately a keeper and will be added to the menu rotation. If you want the recipe let me know!!

We woke up Tuesday morning to a blanket of snow. Unfortunately I was headed to Miami for a meeting and didn't get the opportunity to enjoy a snow day at home with EJ, Max, & Kennedy.


(Please note that we don't normally shave Kennedy during the winter months. She is now sporting a summer cut. There was a little mix up at the groomer's on Monday --- completely EJ's fault by the way.)

I was sad to leave the snow behind but excited to warm up in Miami, or so I thought.... Miami wasn't much warmer than SC and my plan to spend Wednesday morning on the beach was foiled. The highlight of my quick trip was dinner at Michy's on Tuesday night. The decor was beautiful and the food was DELICIOUS!!!


We're headed out to a dinner party tonight at the home of one of EJ's coworkers. We're in charge of dessert so I've got a chocolate chip cheesecake in the oven right now. No big plans for Saturday -- I do have a few gift cards from Christmas burning a hole in my pocket so we may venture out for a mini shopping trip. Sunday's plans include church and a four hour plane ride to Las Vegas for me. It's a work trip and I've never been to Vegas nor have I ever really been interested in going. We're staying at the Monte Carlo -- their beds better not suck. I really hate being away from home more than 2-3 days.... Is there anything to do in Vegas besides gamble??


13 comments:

Me in Memphis said...

oh my gosh. There is so much to do in Vegas other than gamble!!!! Wow. Shows, food, museums, entertainment....I could spend weeks there. Have fun! I'm going with a big group of friends in March for the zillionth time. :)

shalay said...

Oh my god, Vegas is AMAZING! I can understand not caring to go if you've never been before, but there is SO much to do and it's absolutely gorgeous at night. It's really cold right now, though. I recommend going to a show and really nice dinner and doing some shopping at Caesar's Palace. And the Monte Carlo is nice. You will enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Dimples says he feels like an autistic kid when he goes to vegas; so much to do/see/look at, so many colors and lights overwhelming your senses, it's easiest to just go within yourself! Have fun!

&& Recipe, please and thank you! :)

*Kimmie* said...

Poor puppy needs soup to stay warm! The soup looks delicious!

Modern Maven said...

Miami and Vegas back-to-back...AMAZING! I don't gamble either BUT I always wanted to go. There is SO much to do. The shopping is amazing, the hotels are amazing, the restaurants are amazing, and there are tons of shows to go to as well. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristy said...

That soup looks delightful!
And the explaination blaming your husband is FUNNY!

Mrs. Realife said...

I WANT THAT SOUP!!!

Hope you find more to do... never been to Vegas!

Hollie said...

i like kennedy's cut, it's cute!

i've never been to vegas but sounds like fun!

you should post the soup recipe!

Unknown said...

That soup looks sooooo good!!

Life of a Savannah Wife said...

I love chicken tortilla soup! Can I have the recipe please? And, I tagged you!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

That soup looks amazing! I love chicken tortilla! I would love the recipe!

Lindsey said...

WOW! Gorgeous pics, makes me want to go to Vegas!

Of course you can come work for us in Hawaii, so fun!

Muffy said...

That soup looks amazing!!!