Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dog Tired

I wish the second half of the weekend would drag on and play out as long as Friday afternoons in the office always seem to do. Another weekend has flown by, and this one has left us dog tired, literally. As I type, Kennedy is no doubt dreaming of open fields, squirrels and steak scraps.

Friday night, we celebrated the birthdays of Jessica (sister) and Jessica (bridesmaid) at Nikko's, a sushi hotspot in Charlotte. I spent Saturday getting an oil change (sorry Dad, I know you told me I should do this myself), cutting the grass (which I thought had stopped growing for the fall, only to find it growing faster than it did in May) and fixing the sink (well, repairing two chips in the porcelain that I am responsible for creating). Riley was out at about getting her hair done, shopping and planning the week's menu for me. We also entertained cousin Morgan, who came to town to gauge interest from brother Phil about a European trip next summer. That involved a little housecleaning accompanied by laundry. After Sunday school, it was time to switch gears and prepare Roo for her next trip to Greenville. The whirlwind weekend has finally calmed and while we are both briefly relaxing in the living room, laptops in hand, we should maybe take a hint from Max on how to best spend the next few free minutes.

No comments: