Tuesday, May 17, 2011

3 Years Down, Forever Yet To Go

3 years go today...


In honor of our anniversary, I created a poem for Roo. Created not wrote as you'll quickly realize I borrowed the words but its never really been about the words between us anyway, its all in the heart.

Just a small town girl…just a city boy,
Here on Earth, its you and I.
Sweeter than candy, hotter than heat,
At long last love has arrived and I thank God I'm alive...
You're too good to be true, can't take my eyes off of you.
I just want to look in your eyes and catch my breath cause I got a feeling...
This could be one of those memories we want to hold on to, cling to, one we can't forget.
I could stay awake just to hear you breathing, watch you smile while you are sleeping.
My darling, I can't get enough of your love babe,
Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me, got a groovy kind of love.
Baby, I'm amazed by you,
You're all I need to get by.
I have all I've waited for and I could not ask for more,
And its all part of a grander plan that is coming true.
Oh, I love you more today than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow,
Take my hand, take my whole life too.
The smile on your face let's me know that you need me,
Then you wouldn't have to say you love me cause I'd already know.
More than words.

Ending with comic relief to cut the cheese above...I did drop some of my own words on Roo at dinner, telling her I hope she feels as beautiful as she looks. Her response (now nearly 12 weeks with child): "I feel bloated and gassy."

1 comment:

Ashli said...

That was so sweet, and I love that you had a funny at the end. My number one favorite thing about my hubby is his ability to make me laugh EVERY SINGLE DAY!
Congratulations on your new
"Roo-lette" boy or girl your life will forever be changed for the better.
Your loving each other (and God) will definitely be the most important part of being a great parent.
Oh, and babies spend a lot of time bloated and gassy, so, you'll have the experience to deal with that, too! So happy for you, two! We celebrate 15 years on June 1st!