Thursday, June 5, 2008
I'm no Buddhist but...
....recently a married Buddhist couple in California, I believe, vowed to never be more than 15 feet apart. So many questions. What does he do for a living? I mean they have to afford the rent on the tent they live in (no joke). The Yahoo article explained how they use public restrooms. I'll say this, there are definitely some things I do that Riley wants to be nowhere WITHIN 50 feet of...like when I play Xbox on-line with sharp-tongued teenagers. We are happily married and two have become one, no doubt...yet somehow, Monday night, I found myself sitting alone at the movie theater. Perhaps the Buddhist folks beliefs are a little extreme but shouldn't the sacred bonds of marriage afford me the right to never have to see a movie alone again? Ok, so I am being dramatic for the sake of drama. What had happened was a classic tale of retail vs. comic book, cosmo vs. molotov cocktail, SJP vs. RDJ. Jessica, Riley and I went out to eat Monday then decided to go see a movie. Riley and Jessica chose some movie they made out of some old HBO show that wasn't the Sopranos. I opted out and saw Iron Man instead. Interestingly enough, I was one of at least 8 or 9 single-seated guys in the theater (and on a Monday night this made up about 90% of the audience). I suspect the better-halfs were on the other side of the cineplex, taking in all that Carrie Bradshaw had to offer. I only hope for the Buddhist beau's sake that the bride granted him a 2 hour reprieve from their vow when they went to the movies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment