Saturday, June 21, 2008

Oh how the years go by

It all happened so fast, I took one wrong turn down the aisle where the water wings, picnic baskets and other summer assortments used to be and I looked back and she was gone. The Target associate asked if he could help me find something, to which I simply replied “my wife.” If you judged our relationship solely on our Target shopping patterns, you’d think we’ve been married for 50 years. It’s flawless, aside from a wrong turn or wander here and there, efficient and effective. We go for what we need and we know where it is and we know all the stops to make along the way. And when we split, which we always do…she to either clothing, handbags or makeup and I to electronics, we always know where we will meet up again. It is retail poetry in motion. Hard to believe it has only been a month since Riley struggled to cut into our wedding cake at the reception. She thought we had a really dull knife, I suspected very stale cake. Turns out we were cutting into the cardboard base. An instant memory to be savored just as delicious as the deserts that night.

No comments: