Sunday, September 28, 2008
I have gas
I have to admit, since granting Riley access to post here, I've gotten a little lazy on keeping up. I'm thrilled to have her on here sharing our experiences. As you can see by the makeover, she does have a habit of cleaning up after me and really making everything around me look a little better. For starters, I no longer wear blue socks with black pants. Everything is better with her added touch. When she returns home from a work trip, as she did late last week, the pillows feel just a little bit softer, the sun and moon shine a little brighter, and desert tastes a little bit sweeter. Unfortunately, this week she came home to the gas crisis of the southeast. I blame the media almost as much as I "blame" Hurricane Ike. For the second time in a month, the media has helped infuse a frenzy on the area sending everyone out to the gas pumps. People were topping off all of their cars with gas cans in tow, stockpiling gas and draining the supply. Folks would spend hours and miles in line at stations that had petro flowing while others scoured the county for a station that had shorter lines if they had gas at all. I could have played the gas card to stay home with Riley Friday but was able to fill up both of our running on fumes vehicles to get us through the binge. Then it was back to normal, as normal as $4 a gallon gas can seem, we dropped in on a birthday party Friday night and had movie night last night. Tonight we watch the Bears and then its back to the grind tomorrow. Riley is back on the road but only for a couple days. I am already craving Wednesday's dinner because I know it will be delicious with her back home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment